Mama B. Blog

Random musings from Mama B, mother of three. All sorts of useful and useless information for ANYONE interested in whatever strikes my fancy - from art to parenting issues to celebrity gossip etc. Check in to MamaB Blog every day for multiple updates. It's never dull here!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sorry for being a bit lax on the Gos lately...




After spending ten days in the middle of Idaho, I have been having some issues with the superficiality/lame factor of gossip, especially when it involves celebrity. Why do so many people love it (most Americans, myself included) so much? I do not feel like it is beneath me (certainly not, I love the stuff). But, why is it that when I stand in line at the grocery check out, I cannot help but toss in an In Touch or Us Weekly, EVEN WHEN I HAVE ALREADY READ ALL OF THE "STORIES" ON THE NET A WEEK BEFORE!?

It doesn't make anyone smarter. It doesn't make the world a better place. Gossip is really a lot of negativity. So, why do we give it so much attention? Should I feel guilty for being drawn to it? I am sort of feeling like I need to figure out the answer to this. It may mean different things for different people or maybe you don't give a damn at all. But, I will fill you in when this frickin epiphany hits me, I promise.

In the meanwhile, I will be trying to post information that might somehow enlighten you or make you better. If for some reason, that might involve a celebrity or two... I will find the reason and share how you too will spiritually benefit from this auspicious news ;) And if you have a story or some bit of glorious information that everyone needs to know, by all means hit the comment button and share, share, share!

Really though, do you think I am taking this all too seriously? Ha ha.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allright! Now your talking! I love you either way

TED

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home