Mama B. Blog

Random musings from Mama B, mother of three. All sorts of useful and useless information for ANYONE interested in whatever strikes my fancy - from art to parenting issues to celebrity gossip etc. Check in to MamaB Blog every day for multiple updates. It's never dull here!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Chocoholics Dream



One thing is certain in my life, I have always been a lover of chocolate. I am not the kind of person who will go for the jelly beans or the Necco wafers. I figure, why waste the calories? But, if chocolate is in the vicinity, I am there! I've been known to sneak out and attack a vending machine in search of a good chocolate fix. There have also been trips to the local candy store that have gone unbeknownst to anyone because the candy never made it home.

When I was pregnant, my cravings went beyond uncontrollable. Everyday, I made brownies, chocolate chip cookies, cakes (and ate the frosting right out of the tub with a spoon!) and pumpkin bread with Guittard milk chocolate chips (the best!). I ate Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats and boxes of See's candy (that a loving family member would bring over and then call me "fat" when I was done eating the box). Anyway, you get the point, chocoholic? Yes, that's me. Love the stuff. It's like a drug.

Actually, when I was pregnant with my third daughter, I remember reading about a study where they found that babies whose mother's ate chocolate everyday were happier than those whose mothers didn't. I needed to read that, right? More chocolate please! And if it made the babies happy, then it must be good for mom too! I'm still eating chocolate everyday just to ward off the blues. Problem is, I have 5-10 pounds that I can't kick until the chocolate stops. I'm starting to like my extra curves though. Plus, there is no way I can give up chocolate!

Anyway, the Belgians (who make the world's best chocolate) have heard my calling and are building a chocolate theme park! Modeled after Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory in Dahl's brilliant book, it will be built in an underground train tunnel complete with a chocolate fountain and glass elevator.

Anyone want to grab the kids in two years and go to Amsterdam with me? I hear they have other fun things to do there too (but we might need to get a sitter)!

To read the full story go to:
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-06-30T154256Z_01_L29879319_RTRUKOC_0_US-DUTCH-CHOCOLATEFACTORY.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This would explain why you and your children are so sweet! TED

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home